Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kids!

Grandson, age three, sees my profile picture on Facebook.  It's a photo of my wife and me on our 25th anniversary.

"Is that you and Gramma?" he asks.

"Yes."

"Are you was getting married?" he follows up, employing the peculiar syntax of a three-year-old.

"No, we've been married for a long time."

"What?  Aren't you getting married?"  he still wonders.  Understandably, he's a little confused about how marriage works.  I mean, he's only three.

"Yes," I say, thinking this would end the line of questioning.

But he comes back with that time tested retort of all kids under the age of six, "Why?"

"Because," I say, thinking that now I've got him, he'll have to move on to a different subject, "she's my girl friend."

"Nuh-uh," he says, "she's mine."

Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.