Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Digs

At work, a cieling pipe burst over the weekend and flooded the room that houses our cubicle farm.  Yesterday, people reported to work only to find themselves sloshing in and out and between cubes.  The leadership had to relocate 20 people.  Fortunately, I had yesterday off.  But by this morning, though the water had dissipated, the carpet was still soaked and the place was beginning to stink.

I found out that I was moved down to the other end of the hall with the Concepts writers and they stuck me into the only available "cube."  It's a corner suite, actually.  It has an L-shaped workspace area, good overhead lighting, it's well ventillated (the room that was flooded was a stifling old vault), and it has a window that opens to a view of the courtyard. 

This cannot be a final solution.  I checked, and some of the guys are doubled up in small cubes.  Others were sent to an off-post location.  The place they sent me has less people, so it's much quieter.  And it has a window!  I just know that someone's going to realize the big mistake that has been made and demand that I be moved to one of those two-man cubes.  But they'd better hurry, because ...

I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.