Sunday, April 8, 2012

Double Eagle

Louis Oosthuizen
How does one describe this?  I've watched golf for almost fifty years but saw something today, watching final round coverage of the Masters, that I had never seen before.  One reason for that is that it rarely happens.  Former Open champion, Louis Oosthuizen from South Africa, playing the par-5 second hole at Augusta National, holed his second shot, yes, his second shot, for a double eagle.  My jaw dropped.  It was an awesome golf shot. But since I'm pulling for Phil Mickelson, it wasn't in me to cheer it.  All I could say, repeatedly, was double eagle, double eagle.  The historic shot vaulted Oosthuizen over Mickelson and Peter Hanson into the lead by two shots.  They say that the Masters really doesn't begin until the back nine on Sunday.  This year, I don't know about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.