Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Morning's Catch

Sally Ann's at Wrightsboro
and North Leg
My unplanned late start on the morning -- I always get a late start when I've got a lot to do, especially if it involves writing -- put me in the vicinity of the Wrightsboro Road Salvation Army store (Connie calls it "Sally Ann's") during its normal business hours.  So I dropped in with the idea of maybe finding a decent book or two.  

Walked out with five ...
Panzer Leader, by General Heinz Guderian (includes a Foreward by B. H. Liddel Hart).
First World War Prose, edited by Jon Glover and Jon Silkin
The Korean War: Pusan to Chosin, an Oral History, edited by Donald Knox.
Stillwell and the American Experience in China 1911-45, by Barbara Tuchman.
The Dilbert Future: Thriving on Stupidity in the 21st Century, by Scott Adams.
Total cost:  $9.22.  Not bad for a morning's catch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.