Monday, April 29, 2013

"In Your Face"

My early
birthday present
So, Haydin, a rising first grader, sees on the computer screen that we are in the month of April.

"Good," I exclaimed.  "That means next month is ..."  (Sensing a good teaching opportunity, I said to him,) "You know what next month is, right?

"January," he says.

Nope.

"February?"

No.

"March?"

WRONG.

From the next room, someone whispered the correct answer to him.  "May!" he said.

Right, and you know what May is, right?  (He didn't, because his parents, apparently, have neglected one of the most crucial aspects of the young man's education).  May is the month of PaPa's birthday!

This news excited him.

So, I asked him, "Are you going to send PaPa a present?"

"No, I'm here," he said.

What?

"See," he said, as he rushed right up to me, "I'm in your face," he said.  

He meant it one way, but I couldn't help but take it another way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.