Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Military History and Ted Williams

The thought occurred to me that I might want to take a break from military history and read something else. So, at the library, I selected a biography of a famous baseball player, Ted Williams, who played for the Boston Red Sox. Imagine my shock when I opened to the table of contents and found this ...

       Prologue
1     Boston
2     San Diego
3     Minnesota
4     Boston
5     .406
6     World War II
7     Boston 
8     Korea
9     Boston
10   Boston
11   Cooperstown
12   Washington

There it is. Two wars. In a book about the national pastime. I can't get away from it! I'll tell you more about it after I've read the book, but Hall of Famer, Ted Williams took time away from his baseball career twice to serve in the armed forces as a fighter pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.