Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Confidential"

Daniel Village Barber Shop
Visited the barber shop today.  The barber who served me was out the porch when I arrived, taking a smoke break I guess.  He's the one who rides the big Harley and, when it's your turn, says, "step into my office."

Last time he cut my hair I told him that I wanted a light trim.  "That's my favorite kind of haircut," he said.

This morning, after I stepped into his office, I asked him to give me his favorite haircut.  With a wicked grin he answered, " a crew cut!"

"No, no!" said I.  And I reminded him of what he had told me before.

Today he let it be known that his favorite haircut to give is really the Confidential.  When I asked him to explain, he said, "you sit down, I comb your hair real purty, and you give me money," and we both laughed.

I made sure that he understood that I wanted just a light trim.

When he finished, he said that he had given me the Confidential.  Knowing that he had actually cut some hair off I had to ask for a further explanation.  "It doesn't look like you just had a hair cut," he said, "but it doesn't look like you need one, either."

And he didn't even charge me extra for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.