Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fireman Sam

There's no job too big for the little man.
This is lot's better than TV!

It was a comfortable night by Augusta's standards.  We all sat on our pitiful excuse for a front porch--or else went out and leaned on the cars--to watch Haydin water the entire yard by himself and wash Rebekah's car.  I don't know where he got the idea to wear the fireman's hat but it sort of went with the fire hose.

Then there was the shirt:  it said, "Hey girls, I'M SINGLE."  We never had stuff like that when I was growing up.  (Not that in this particular instance it would have mattered).

While Haydin put out imaginary fires in the bushes and in the flower beds and soaked himself in the process, Connie and I took turns holding Rory.  She's not used to me yet.  I've scared her twice already.  But we're getting there.  She hasn't said a word (or made a word-like sound) yet.  She just looks and takes everything in.  I'm sure that by the time it's time for them to go back home at least one of us won't want her to leave.

A neighbor down the street walked by with his dog.  We invited him to stop and we all visited for a while.

As I was getting ready for bed, the company was just getting its second wind.  When I left them, Haydin was entertaining all the ladies at a tea party at the dining room table.

But Pack Mule had to get up early and go to work, so I missed all the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.