Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pizza Hut Customer Service

So we used Pizza Hut's convenient website for ordering a couple of personal pan pizzas for delivery from the Wrightsboro Road store in Augusta.  Since all we had was milk in the refrigerator, I decided to add a 2-liter root beer to the order.  Mug Root Beer was clearly one of the six drink choices on the website.  I placed the order at 6:05  PM and received an automated messaged saying that my order would be delivered no later than 6:45 PM.

At 6:39 PM, the guy calls and leaves a message on my phone that they don't carry root beer.

Hey, if you don't carry root beer, don't advertise on your website that you do.  Second, if you don't have what the customer wants, don't delay the order by playing phone tag with him.  In this case, it would have been so simple to just throw a 2-liter Pepsi, a Mountain Dew, a Dr. Pepper, a Sierra Mist -- you know, all the other 2-liter drinks that you do, in fact, carry; and tell me at the door when you're making the delivery that you're sorry, but your store doesn't carry root beer, and tell me that you brought all the others so that I can make a different choice, and offer me a couple bucks off my next order.  You probably would have gotten a better tip -- and repeat business -- for being so thoughtful.

Instead, it was more like 7:15 PM before I got my pizza, which was pretty good, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.