Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Truest Mirror

Looking into the word of God is, in some ways like looking into a mirror--for, in reading for our edification, we are ofttimes shown our own selves so perfectly that no looking glass on earth could possibly give us a clearer picture. Tonight, as I read from A. T. Pierson's biography of George Mueller, (and I do so with my Bible within arm's reach) the picture of myself which is made so plain to me is this, from Hebrews 5:12 ...

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."


I cannot explain how much I appreciate a book that does something like this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.